Benefits of Industrial Visits for Students
Industrial visits considered as one of the tactical methods of teaching as it lets the student to know things practically though interaction, working methods and employment practices. Main aim of industrial visits is to provide an exposure to students about practical working environment.
In the current session, Chandigarh Business School of Administration, CGC, Landran under the able guidance of Director-Principal Dr.Vishal B. Soni and HoD Dr. Satinder Pal Singh organized Industrial visits for the students of MBA as well as BBA. These visits were arranged by the Industrial Visits co-ordinator Mr. Neeraj Gupta, Assistant Professor, CBSA, CGC, Landran and proved to be very instrumental in ensuring that the students of MBA and BBA got an exposure the way the Industries our MBA and BBA students are going to join function. These visits also ensured that students got exposed to different industries and sectors like Tractors, Beverages, Textile, automotive parts, dairy and learned different aspects related to these industries and companies respectively. The visit to one of the firms visited, Kandhari Beverages Ltd. (Coke Bottlers) also led to the relationship being taken further by passing on the details of the Biotechnology Department of CGC group when the company representative wanted to hire some students for their training requirements and arrange visits for them.
All the students of the college got an opportunity to experience firsthand, different concepts that the students study in their textbook. They also learned how these concepts are applied in the corporate world. The students got an exposure to world class technologies that firms like Mahavir Spinning Mills, MahindraSwaraj Tractors, Federal Mogul Goetze Ltd, Kandhari Beverages Ltd. (Coke Bottlers), and Verka Milk Plant Mohali, are using in there state of the art and world class plants. The students also learned about how different aspects of management like HRM, Marketing, Production, Operations, and various other technologies are used in business. To make it more understanding, the students had to share their experience through a report on their learning’s and overall experience they developed on applications of different management concepts. These visits are an opportunity to provide an insight to the students on the type of skills they might need while entering their corporate careers.
Industry/Academic Expert talks
- To keep our students abreast with latest insights into the emerging trends of the corporate world, economic developments and challenges, CBSA, CGC, Landran arranges industry stalwarts to come and deliver expert talks to our students.
- An expert talk on “Impact of Goods and Service Tax on Economy” was conducted on 12th Feb., 2018 by Dr. Kuldeep Walia, Professor, Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University Fathegarh Sahib. The objective of lecture was to know the importance of GST and to understand the impact of GST on economy.
- An expert talk on “Soft Skills” was conducted on 26th March, 2018 by Ms. Deepika Grover, Trainer, Corporate Training & Development Institute. The objective of this session was to help students understand interpersonal skills and develop their reading, communication and speaking skills.
- A guest lecture on “Entrepreneurship” was conducted on 10th March, 2018 by Mr. Chander Shekhar, Director, Pioneer Agrotech Greens Pvt. Ltd. The aim of the lecture was to give an insight to the students about the competencies, skills required to become a successful entrepreneur.
- A guest lecture on “International Happiness Day” was conducted on 20th March, 2018 by Dr. Meenakshi Gupta. The aim of the lecture was to motivate and encourage students to lead a stress free life .Educate them about happiness. Inculcate the value of living in present. Educate them about positive approach towards life. Teach them the technique and importance of meditation and teach them the art (way) of living life