National Innovation and Start-up Policy (NISP)
The ‘National Innovation and Start-up Policy 2019 for students and faculty in HEIs was launched by Hon’ble Minister of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 11th September 2019 at AICTE, New Delhi.
The National Innovation and Start-up Policy 2019 intends to guide HEIs to promote student driven innovations & start-ups and to engage the students and faculty in innovation and start up activities in campus. The policy aims at enabling HEIs to build, streamline and strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem in campus and will be instrumental in leveraging the potential of science, student’s creative problem solving and entrepreneurial mind-set, and promoting a strong intra and inter-institutional partnerships with ecosystem enablers and different stakeholders at regional, national and international level.
Components of Guiding Framework
The National Innovation and Startup Policy laid down guiding framework for HEIs and it highlights various important and practical aspects of promoting and supporting innovation, technology commercialization and startups in academic setup as mentioned below:
- HEIs Strategies & Governance for Promoting Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Creating Innovation Pipeline and Pathways for Entrepreneurs
- Building Organizational Capacity, Human Resources and Incentives to support and promote innovative and entrepreneurial activities
- Collaboration, Co-creation, Business Relationship and Knowledge Exchange within campus and among the ecosystem enablers co-exist at regional and national level
- Incentivizing Students for Entrepreneurship and Startup pursuits
- Incentivizing faculty and Staff for Entrepreneurship and Startup pursuits
- Incubation & Pre-incubation support and facility creation in HEIs
- IP ownership rights for technologies Development and transfer in HEIs
- Pedagogy and Learning Interventions for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development